Wednesday 12 October 2016

[m]

When our eyes meet, finally, after a time that feels like an eternity, I feel myself shrinking, so much pressure within my chest that my heart feels like it's literally about to shatter.
Because when you look at me, it's as if you see every sad thing imaginable, every single tragedy that has struck close to you, all of your bad memories. Everything negative seems to hang around me when your eyes are on me, and I can't help but bite down on my lip as I feel tears welling up in my eyes.
Every inch of me wants to beg you not to look at me like that, but all that comes out of my mouth is an apology in a broken voice. You smile apologetically, and suddenly it's not just my voice that's broken.
Not only has seeing you torn me to shreds, it's installed a sense of longing that I thought I had left behind a long time ago. But no, your deep and tired eyes bring it all back.
A minute passes and my hand is covered in blood and shards of glass; and both of us are broken now.

No comments:

Post a Comment