Saturday 14 May 2016

To: A.

You left.
No warning, no goodbye, no nothing. Everything I had built you up to be, collapsed in seconds as you disappeared into the distance. There was nothing but watery eyes and a bitter taste that lasted until long after your presence, the memories of you had gone.
But that was long ago. We've grown since our eyes had last met. Yours are deeper, as if you've witnessed or been a part of something that would either fix a soul completely or tear it shreds, though the changing tone of colour makes it seem as if you can't quite decide which one it was. Your smile is as bright as ever, and suddenly I remember why I could never truly consider you ànything other than someone to admire, though sometimes all I wanted was for you to die.
It's funny, in a way. I spent a long time running away from you, when all I should have done was accept you. I'm sorry for making you go through so many unnecessary bad nights and awful days.
I hope you remember the lessons that came from all the mistakes we made. After all, they were all the same ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment